Monday, March 9, 2009

PSA: Purim Safety

PSA: (Which stands for public service announcement):
When packing your shalach manos, please keep the following in mind

1) Do not pack any homemade products. We shudder just thinking of what went into these. As in, your hands. Gross. Even before the door clicks shut we've already tossed them. And I dont mean into our mouths.
2) Do not try to save money by buying a cosco size box of hamentaschen and then individually wrapping them in cellophane. They meet the same fate as #1.
3) Do not not not not not label your packages with those annoying unpeelable labels that leave marks when we try to pry them off. Its unfair.
4) Themes. Feh. What took you 15.7 hours to prepare, takes us exactly 8.6 seconds to disassemble: 5.6 to pick out the good stuff and 3 to pass on to the next friend(unless you use the aforementioned labels. So don't).

Please keep these common courtesies in mind and we'll all have a more pleasant experience. Better yet, just slip cash under our door.

10 comments:

le7 said...

Want to know what my shalach manos are this year?

Granola bar taped to a big bird apple juice box.

Nice, eh? I'm still deciding if I should only give to kids though...

bonne said...

I'm actually excited with my shalach manos this year. Jelly Bellies, hamentashen(bought), cookies, and a pair of bunny ears(headband).
I'm broke, woohoo

Sef said...

wow, thanks

le7 said...

AND, guess what? I figured out my costume:

Art History Major.

e said...

How doth an art histroy major dress?

le7 said...

Like me.

That's the joke.

bonne said...

your major is Art History? I thought it was Chemistry....

le7 said...

That's the joke.

Anarchist Chossid said...

A cooked egg and a mini-can of Coke (and a cigarette if this is for a Russian-born Jew).

Anarchist Chossid said...

A default costume is that of a pirate.